Hivos – The Hague, Netherlands
November 2018 – present
The Women@Work Campaign aims to improve the labor conditions for women working in the horticulture supply chains in East and Southern Africa.
- Dutch public (advocacy) campaign Small Change, Big Deal.
- CSR Africa: social performance tool for floriculture business to measure their social performance and improve corporate social responsibility.
- The Only Way is Up!: a conference about living wage and living income in the agri-food sector.
- Living Wage Lab: brings together different stakeholders (government, business and civil society) to discuss possibilities to achieve living wage in the agri-food sector.
- General communication tasks, including the management of websites and writing articles for the corporate website.
Civic Engagement Protection Officer
Nonviolent Peaceforce – Juba, South Sudan
February 2017 – February 2018
The aim of the civic engagement project is to increase space for South Sudanese human rights defenders and journalists. My accomplishments:
- Supported human rights defenders and journalists under threat.
- Organized training on digital and physical security for civil society organizations, human rights defenders and journalists.
- Built the capacity of the South Sudan Human Rights Defenders Network.
- Project management: wrote (donor) reports; oversaw the implementation of the work plan; managed the budget; other administration.
Public Information Officer
United Nations Mission in South Sudan – Rumbek, South Sudan
November 2013 – February 2017
As the Team Leader of the Communications and Public Information Section in the regional office in Rumbek for the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), I achieved the following:
- Organized outreach activities with stakeholders to promote a better understanding of the mission’s mandate.
- Wrote web articles and produced photo stories.
- Project management: drafted the annual work plan, managed the budget, wrote activity proposals.
- Publication: ‘Increasing local population awareness about, and improving relations with, UNMISS mandate’, The ITPCM International Commentary, Vol. X no. 36 (July 2014).
Web Content Manager
PAX – Utrecht, Netherlands
May 2011 – December 2012
As Web Content Manager for the Dutch peacebuilding NGO PAX I managed the organization’s websites and I was part of the campaign team. My accomplishments:
- Wrote content for the websites.
- Developed the new corporate website.
- Participated in the design and implementation of campaigns such as ‘Adopt a Revolution’ and ‘Vredesweek’ (Peace Week).
- Set up the social media channels.
External Relations (intern), UNHCR – The Hauge, Netherlands
September 2011 – December 2011
Customer adviser, Zilveren Kruis Achmea – Noordwijk, Netherlands
October 2010 – May 2011
Editor (intern), Historisch Nieuwsblad – Diemen, Netherlands
JanuarY 2009 – March 2009
Web redacteur (stagiaire), Sanoma Media – Hoofddorp, Nederland
juni 2008 – oktober 2008